Monday, December 13, 2010

Well, it has been some time since I have last written up one of these little thought dumps, and I don't want to hear any complaining.  I have my reasons for delay.  What have you been doing the last seven months?

Yes, that is right.  Seven months have flown by in our lives.  The first seven months of Benjamin and Emma's lives.  I have become something entirely different.  A sort of monster.  A bottle cleaning, diaper changing, laundry doing, baby feeding, giggle inducing monster.  And that is just between 6:30 and 7:30 each night.  I am sure, however, that most of you already know of this transformation and are mostly just laughing at those of us just now finding the profoundness of it. 

Ben and Emma are getting to the age now where interaction is fun for them and finally for me.  It used to be just entertaining them, trying to keep them happy so they wouldn't cry.  Now it is a smile back and forth as you tickle, or snuggle, or give a bath.  That smile, that laugh are amazing things.  It is hard being at work, knowing that my little children are just growing away without me there to experience it.  But Meg is very good.  She is a fantastic mother.  During the day she will send me picture texts or even the occasional video bringing me into what is happening that day.  It is a demanding day she goes through each day.  Just getting them fed is a seemingly never ending process.  I am so proud of the patience and love she has developed for them.

The children are developing too.  They are both sitting up on their own and are both practicing their rasberries and grunts in anticipation of speaking.  I am looking for to Dada and Mama, but really have no idea when that is supposed to happen.  Tomorrow would be ok though.  They are both sleeping really well and we are blessed to have that.  Since about two months we have had both babies sleeping through the night.  We have introduced solid foods the past couple months and the babies are getting to try all sorts of veggies and fruits at this point, with meat a few months away.  Breaking Teague tradition, we are finding that mashed up potatoes are met with large amounts of yelling, spitting, and choking. 

We are blessed.  We have two healthy, wonderful children.  We have awesome families who enjoy just giving us a quick break and just spending some time with us and the kids.  We have awesome friends who have given us food and clothes for the kids.  And we have so many people who prayed for us throughout the troubles with infertility and then throughout the pregnancy and continuing on.  Your prayers have made a difference in our lives and we are thankful you took that time out to lift us up.

I hope the next time I sit down to do this will be soon.

Here's the kids at halloween.  We do plan on abusing twin related costume ideas.



Emma getting ready for church





Ben wondering where the food is


Maybe more some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment